What we can do for you:
- Advise you on your consumer rights in the event of a dispute with a company based in another European country;
- Ask our counterpart centre in the country of the trader to contact the trader on your behalf and try to find a solution to your complaint.
- Advise you on further action if an amicable solution is not possible – for example, on out-of-court settlements, the European small claims procedure (for claims under €2000), or other legal action
- Handle your complaint (against a trader based in another EU country, Norway or Iceland) provided that EU law applies to your contract..
What we cannot do:
- Force traders to take action: we rely on persuasion
- Be your legal representative (e.g. in court)
- Handle your consumer complaint if the trader is based in your own home country.
- Intervene if the trader is based outside the EU (e.g. in the US or China)
- Handle your complaint if you are not a resident of Portugal (if you are based in another European country, please contact your local Centre).