- We Inform you of your rights under European and national consumer legislation
- We provide free and impartial advice in the event of a cross-border consumer dispute where the consumer is resident in the UK. A 'cross-border' dispute is a dispute between a consumer and a trader where each party is based in two different countries in Europe (the EU as well as Iceland and Norway).
- If the advice we provide does not resolve your case, we will in certain circumstances be able to contact the company on your behalf. We call this 'mediation' and although we cannot guarantee a successful outcome, we will always try our best to get your case resolved.
- We provide assistance on a variety of popular consumer topics, including:
• on-line shopping,
• air passenger rights,
• car rental problems,
• Internet frauds
- We redirect you to an appropriate body if the ECC-Net can't help.